View Single Post
Old 08-25-2005, 11:03 AM   #1 (permalink)
gman68558

BananaBucks : 6,061
Said "Thanks" 0 Times
Was Thanked 1 Time in 1 Post
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Need advice on pup management...

I'm about to repot my this guy into a bigger container and have a couple of questions.

As you can see, there is one pretty good sized pup plus a couple of smaller ones. I believe based on what I've read is that to have the best chance for fruit, I should remove all the pups from the mother? Or should I maybe leave one of the smaller ones.

Also, since this operation is going to take place during repotting, both the mother and pup corms are going to be exposed after making the cuts. I've read varying opinions on needing to leave the corms out for 2 hours to 2 days in order to "cure" before potting. I'm guessing it would probably be okay to repot the mother right away but maybe let the pup cure a little bit in the sun?

Thanks for your help.
gman68558 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To gman68558

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors