View Single Post
Old 08-04-2009, 03:32 AM   #109 (permalink)
amazondk

Zone: 11 or higher
Name: Don K.
BananaBucks : 10,411
Said "Thanks" 2 Times
Was Thanked 135 Times in 27 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Send a message via MSN to amazondk
Default Re: Palm Lovers' Talk - A place to talk Palms!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jeff View Post
I was reading this thread for the first time and came upon these photos and I thought to myself "how did my photos get here?". I originally posted these photos on PalmTalk.org a couple years ago and I forgot that PACSOA had contacted me for permission to use them. I photographed these near the Arenal Volcano in Costa Rica in August 2007.

Lorax, I was actually standing on the ground when I took that photo of the tall one! It was right at the edge of the forest. That's the base of the volcano rising up behind it.

Hi Jeff,

I see you have gone bananas. I few years ago I was looking at a site for a wood products importer, decking, and in their forestry picture low and behold was a picture of a giant tabebuia serratafolia, ipe, tree that I had taken and posted on the Garden Web porches and deck forum. There really was no problem as I don´t mind if people use pictures I post anyway. I sent a note to the owner of the company and he thanked me for the picture, after the fact.

There is some good stuff on this banana site.

I had my camera with me the other while driving around town and stopped and took this picture of some Mauritia flexuosas close to my office and thought your would like it. How are your baby Mauritias doing? It was getting late in the afternoon and th light was good. Also, while driving about town I am looking a bananas more now. There are a lot of bananas growing in odd spots all over the place.

dk

Click for Manaus Eduardo Gomes, Brasil Forecast
amazondk is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To amazondk
Said thanks: