Thread: Water suckers
View Single Post
Old 08-01-2009, 09:04 AM   #48 (permalink)
TommyMacLuckie
Howboutcha!

Zone: 8B
Name: Tommy
BananaBucks : 207,635
Said "Thanks" 7 Times
Was Thanked 375 Times in 202 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 1 Times
Default Re: Water suckers

For those of you who do not have the DVD they do show the difference but it's somewhat quick. This thread is considerably more informative in that, well, like the one of the two different suckers on the pavement, I can take my time to look and see the obviousness.

It's quite funny in a way. I've only ever removed suckers, period, that were in the way of something (path, building). I've often seen the sword suckers and thought that they were just some bizarreness going on.

Now I know the difference.

I can't remember if I've removed water suckers and planted them elsewhere. I'm quite sure I have. They all have grown the same as any other bananas.

But now that I know I will choose otherwise and put the water suckers on the periphery of the yard and swords where I want the best plants.

Also, just to be sure, is this the case for all suckering bananas or just the ones that make edible fruit? Anyone know?

Great thread. I swear I learn something here every day. Like how I thought, ha ha, Orinoco were possibly and probably cavendish ha ha ha ha....
TommyMacLuckie is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To TommyMacLuckie
Said thanks: