View Single Post
Old 07-10-2009, 08:40 PM   #19 (permalink)
CValentine
Prolific Epistemologist

Zone: 8b
Name: Che
BananaBucks : 151,370
Said "Thanks" 7,127 Times
Was Thanked 1,782 Times in 625 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 362 Times
Cool Re: The Future of Fertilizer

Not to be a thread-wrecker...

Note: (Opinion Alert)

While it is good of us to do what WE can as individuals...90% of what has happened to the 'poisoning' of our food & soil, (I will only opinionate on America), is due in part to the greed of Corporations. The drive for the almighty dollar, the patenting & ownership of seeds & their derivatives...being only offered genetically altered seed($$$) that will only produce yields as advertised for the farmer if using a special fertilizer($$$) that will get diseased if not treated with a particular treatment($$$). And then Mills that only take certain grains, because the processed food industry will only buy the particular ones, because that is their sister company that sells the seed($$$$$$$$$). Thereby perpetuating their own golden parachute with Supply & Demand.

Ok - my point made...

We can all stand to be more responsible in our use on what we produce, use & dispose of everyday. The One, G-D, has given us magnificent brains, by which we have heavily advanced in MANY things in the past 150 years. Inclusive of this is transportation, medicine, education, engineering and manufacturing, amongst many, many other things. I enjoy the fruits of human technological advancement, i.e. bizjets, computers, e-mail, multi-link suspension systems & Harley Davidsons, as well as what occurs in nature, i.e. Bananas, horses, walking in the rain...

I do my part where I can: recycling, carpooling, buying of meat/products from humanely raised animals/certified organic/local farmers, etc. However, everyone makes their own choices, accountability and responsibility is up to the individual.

I think you and Richard have both made point in fact. I applaud you both in maintaining the civility in the thread.

What all of this has shown me is that there are many paths in which we are advancing in Plant Soil, Additives, and Fertilizer & many choices we can make to use or not to use what is presented to us in the name of advancement.

I will continue reading this thread as others are & make the best decisions for myself.
Thank you for presenting me with options and food for thought!! ~Cheryl

Last edited by CValentine : 07-10-2009 at 08:49 PM.
CValentine is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To CValentine
Said thanks: