View Single Post
Old 07-10-2009, 02:25 AM   #5 (permalink)
Kalabrian

BananaBucks : 69,349
Said "Thanks" 0 Times
Was Thanked 44 Times in 19 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Re: Orinoco or Basjoo?

Thanks to all. It is a good news to me if they are not basjoos, for I can hope they are edible types. Notwithstanding I would lovely care for them also if they are basjoo...

In any case, I want to point out a pair of things which yesterday I forgot to mention:

1) the photos were taken some time ago. The first plant, photo taken in full winter as you can see from the surrounding trees. The second plant, photo taken in late autumn. I made this clear to explain the apparent poor health of both plants. However, it seems to me they have that black parts on the p-stem also in summer.

2) if they are not basjoo is very interesting because these plants as I said were brought from the mountain, from a place which experiences every year several frosts and at least once or twice year temp can drop to -7 or -8. These plants were in open air with no protection. Should they be edible, I could be the finder of a new Tx Star, the Mountain Calabria Star I am jokin though.

In any case, later I will try to post photos of my plants of the local edible variety, if this helps in the identification.
Kalabrian is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Kalabrian
Said thanks:
Sponsors