View Single Post
Old 06-18-2009, 01:52 PM   #1 (permalink)
The Hollyberry Lady

BananaBucks : 1,299,135
Said "Thanks" 12,042 Times
Was Thanked 11,326 Times in 5,311 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 102 Times
Default What do I do with my new banana pups?

Someone from another forum was kind enough to send me a couple of banana pups for musa basjoo. I was intending on putting one outside in the ground once they get going a bit. I just got them a couple of days ago, and I immediately potted them up into small containers, but they are not doing so well.

: (

They came from British Columbia, Canada, where it is extremely mild weather, with lots of moisture in the air from their frequent rains. I put them in my east window, but the tips have now turned brown. They were a little brown from being in the box over a week, but becoming more brown now. I could tell they did not like the cool bright window sill. I have now taken them to my heat mat and under my fluorescent light, to see if the warmth makes a difference.

This is my very 1st experience with banana, and it is not going too well so far. I am just wondering if there is any advice on how to get a young pup going strong. I am so ignorant about these plants, but I am learning slowly.

Please help me to save my pups...

The Hollyberry Lady is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To The Hollyberry Lady

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors