View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 08:19 PM   #14 (permalink)
Annie6078OH

Zone: 6a
Name: Annie
BananaBucks : 12,470
Said "Thanks" 24 Times
Was Thanked 92 Times in 35 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 33 Times
Default Re: Just Getting Started

Hello Again!

Bob & Jack: Please DO have hope! I'm SO new to nanners and mostly flying by the seat of my pants, so have been lucky -- so I'm SURE you can certainly get blooms! And, Jack, I will be happy to pass along more info about our climate here, etc. if I can be of any assistance at all. I will stop by tomorrow and either PM you or reply to this thread with the additional info when I have a bit more time than tonite. I did take a moment to check my climate on the Koppen Geiger map and, best I can tell, it's Dfa. Will that translate to your climate at all (I'm ashamed to admit that I'm VERY geographically challenged!)?

Patty: Thanks for the welcome and, yes, I have 4 pix of my weird science banana bloomer in my gallery. Thanks for the welcome.

Cheryl: How cool! I work at UD and used to hang out at both the Beaver-Vu bowl & rink myself. We used to be at that rink most every weekend. OMG I feel old! You aren't kidding about the Oregon District on Halloween -- SO much fun! I love even just sitting on the sidelines with a beer & watching all the crazies. It is GREAT to meet another "local" on here.

Jeff: I graduated from Belmont ... and if YOU feel old – I graduated in '78. The place my old employer moved to was near the intersection of Grange Hall & Patterson Rds. I run over there to Knollwood Garden Center all the time (and drool, but moving on...). As I said to Cheryl, GREAT to meet other "locals" on here, even tho you are both "transplanted". I know you both ended up with the better weather than me still here in town.

Thanks everyone for the warm welcomes, well wishes, and for this great community!

Annie
Annie6078OH is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Annie6078OH
Said thanks: