View Single Post
Old 06-17-2009, 02:30 PM   #1 (permalink)
sunsetsammy

BananaBucks : 46,583
Said "Thanks" 0 Times
Was Thanked 38 Times in 17 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Canna virus getting me down.

For the past 3 years I've been collecting bananas, cannas and other tropicals. Each spring I've been dividing and increasing my stock and now I have quite the jungle going.

Sadly though I've come to the conclusion that most (probably all) of my cannas have the dreaded virus. From the research I've been doing regarding the virus it seems that it is almost impossible to acquire healthy cannas through nurseries and garden centers as they are all infected. These stores just continue to sell infected plants.

So far almost all of my plants still appear healthy but are indeed showing some signs of the virus on their leaves. I've had a few plants that were looking really bad and I quickly isolated them and eventually tossed them in the garbage.

This really sucks as I'm going to have to either give up on cannas or start all over again.
sunsetsammy is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To sunsetsammy

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors