View Single Post
Old 05-27-2009, 09:17 AM   #37 (permalink)
supermario
Banana brain

Zone: 10A
Name: Mario
BananaBucks : 59,776
Said "Thanks" 251 Times
Was Thanked 348 Times in 139 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 4 Times
Default Re: "Organic" Fertillizer

Quote:
Originally Posted by botulismo View Post
Now my reply isn't going to be nearly as creative, but there's an organic fertilizer by the brand Kellogg's that's sold at most big box home improvement stores that is a 4-4-4 complete - they have a couple others in different balances - that is a blend of organic fertilizers and soil bacteria.

I've had pretty good luck with it, been using it this year on everything in the yard. It works in a pinch if you're feeling lazy.

I've always said that organic gardening will catch on once it's as easy to go organic as it is to garden normally, and I definitely think products like this have a place and are superior to chemical fertilizers. Now, organic purists may cry out that there are superior ways to do things (and I won't argue that) but this is a good second place alternative that I have found pretty helpful.

I have heard alot about kellogg's organic fertilizer lately. I have a few questions regarding their products. How much does it cost per lb? How much would you need to apply(and how often) to a full grown fruit tree?

I ask because I have more than 15 fruit trees. So, I usually have to buy 3, 50 lb bags of fertilizer for $20-$30/each. If I need 150lbs of 100% organic fertilizer, I'm scared to think what the cost would be...
supermario is offline   Send A Private Message To supermario