View Single Post
Old 05-25-2009, 04:11 PM   #8 (permalink)
chong

Zone: 8-9
Name: Chong
BananaBucks : 97,329
Said "Thanks" 1,309 Times
Was Thanked 1,702 Times in 759 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 991 Times
Default Re: Moving soon, taking bajoos along

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexizhere19 View Post
you can, I forgot about that. What do you think about the basjoo planting time, I see you are pretty good with the bananas
Thank you Alex,
In my experience, Spring is the best time to plant any banana. As early as possible, after the temperatures no longer go below 50°F. That way it will be absorbing as much energy as it can, over a longer period of time before they go back into dormancy. So, if the place you're going to doesn't experience temperatures below 50°F, now is the time to plant you bananas.

Here in the NW, it isn't that easy to predict, so right now, my plants are still in the greenhouse. I will be moving some of them out sometime this week, though. Just to figure out my loses.

Also, if I can find some time, I'd like to plant some bananas outside soon because I won't have time to them after I return to work. All of the potential job offers that I'm expecting are out of state, with the exception of one which is in-state but 68 miles away. I would probably rent a room or studio apt. if I were to accept that one. I don't like long commutes.
chong is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To chong