Thread: Lost!!
View Single Post
Old 05-20-2009, 06:52 AM   #2 (permalink)
alpha010
Metal Nanners!!

Zone: 6 on arborday 5b on USDA
Name: Bob aka Shaggy
BananaBucks : 136,753
Said "Thanks" 121 Times
Was Thanked 238 Times in 148 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 11 Times
Send a message via Yahoo to alpha010
Default Re: Lost!!

That's an awesome idea! I think Tog should setup a Ladang Musaceae (from context, I believe Ladang means garden)! Maybe we all could chip in and pay for his import/export license and we all can send him our off-shoots for storage and propagation. Pay monthly dues to be used for fert, dirt, and payment for his space, time and hardship.

Although this is only a dream since he has his business and his own journeys and the things he does right now give us wonderful stories of new species, adventures and cultural insights. So, in short, I doubt he would want to pull this off and I wouldn't want to even ask him to do such. BUT, if someone else were willing to do this, I might be greatly interested in this type of "business for the love of the art" as it may open up species to the parts of the world that have not even heard of these types. It would also give many of us a piece of mind knowing that if something happens to our "kids" we have one somewhere that is a direct clone or clone of a clone that upon request we could have our dead one replaced in 2 weeks or less. Or we can just visit and contribute to this place just to admire the beauty and our own sense of grandeur!

I'm all with you, Christian, it would be a good thing. Albeit hard to pull off and maintain, but good.

Shaggy

Get a little Love in your life. Jump in a Mosh Pit! The only place where every emotion one person can feel will join together and express all at once.
alpha010 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To alpha010