Thread: Germination!!!
View Single Post
Old 05-05-2009, 12:45 PM   #1 (permalink)
matt18e
matt

Zone: 6
Name: matt
BananaBucks : 19,267
Said "Thanks" 2 Times
Was Thanked 52 Times in 14 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 2 Times
Default Germination!!!

15 days After planting 100 E. Ventricosum and 100 E. Superbum (Thai) I have 2 EV and 2 bums coming up. I'm super excited and my wife thinks I'm nuts. I used 72 cell flats for both and the ones that were left over I put in plastic tupperware containers. I mixed miracle gro sphagnum moss and perlite as my media. I've basically taken all the advice I've read from here and put it all together. The only thing I did different was I kept one flat of superbums on alternating temp cycles (93 F during day and 70 during night) and the other container of superbums and all EVs I kept on constant 85 F. Interesting thing about the superbums is one came up from the alternating temps and one came up from constant temp at the same time. I've mostly read ensetes like constant but I also saw someone say that the Thai variety of bums are tough to germinate and may like alternating temps, so I figured I had enough seeds to try both ways. Anyway if it werent for you guys I wouldnt have been able to do this. Now I just have to keep them alive.

1 of my E. Ventricosums

1 of my bums

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors