View Single Post
Old 04-29-2009, 05:37 PM   #19 (permalink)
Patty in Wisc
tropical nut

Zone: 5
BananaBucks : 336,179
Said "Thanks" 2,946 Times
Was Thanked 2,510 Times in 1,203 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 69 Times
Default Re: Need a large pot ASAP

J, last weekend it poured over 3 inches. I don't know how you ccould put those plants inground--we had flooding. I read 2 weeks ago you said you had plants out & you are further north than me. We are still getting frost on occasion. The plant is at Mike's house - between Jackson & Slinger so he'll get frost before me. The lake will keep my yard warmer. Last year I planted it out 2nd week in May (by him) & we all had frost -upper 20's on May 28th!! I wrapped it in old blankets & saved the p stem but all leaves died. I don't want to lose any of the 13 leaves it has to frost. It's my baby & will flower soon!! I 'member sometime in 90's we had snow here on May 10.
I am just now starting to put plants out to adapt. No one has started their gardens yet.
It is just too risky, plus we are due for some severe weather soon.
And, with all the rain we just had, it is too muddy to dig. Even Farmers haven't done anything. Calling for more rain too.
We decided to either plant it inground late May or let it grow on deck in the big pot.

____
Patty in Wisc has sadly passed away 9/05/11. We will miss you Patty.
Patty in Wisc is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Patty in Wisc