View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 02:03 PM   #19 (permalink)
LilRaverBoi
Nanner Time!

Zone: 5
Name: Bryan
BananaBucks : 69,921
Said "Thanks" 534 Times
Was Thanked 2,214 Times in 1,230 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 855 Times
Send a message via AIM to LilRaverBoi
Default Re: What Are You Listening To?

Quote:
Originally Posted by momoese View Post
Brian, I'm 45 and even I like EDM and used to participate heavily in the Underground scene before it became known as the "Rave scene" We actually had our parties/clubs in vacant warehouses with stolen electricity from neighboring buildings! This was back in the late 80's into the early 90's. It was a lot of fun, no rules or dress codes, just cool people having fun until the police or fire dept showed up. Got to see most of the big DJs from the day spin. This was before lasers and light shows, but fire breathers/jugglers were not unusual! The clubs were also very hard to find. First you had to be on a mailing list to get the instructions, then go from on spot to another getting new instructions until you finally found the party. This was also before the gangs got involved. Good times!
Oh yeah....I know all about underground parties. I've been to more than a few warehouse parties and parties where you have to call the 'info line' the day of the party to get directions. And yeah, I spin fire poi, glowsticks, ropedart, flags, contact juggle, devilsticks and staff (yeah, I'm a regular circus freak...LOL). I also do laser lighting for parties under my small business, Optical TrancenDANCE. CA scene is pretty shady from all the things I've heard...lots of massives (10k+ people...not necessarily a bad thing, just not my style) and lots of drugs/gangs/violence/drama/BS. I'm originally from Iowa and our scene is pretty pure and kickin' (believe it or not).

Glad to hear there are other EDM-lovers on this site!
RIP Tog Tan. We love you and will always remember you!
I'm Bryan with a Y! There is no 'I' in BRYAN!
LilRaverBoi is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To LilRaverBoi
Said thanks: