View Single Post
Old 04-22-2009, 01:41 PM   #17 (permalink)
momoese
Banana grower

Zone: zone 10
BananaBucks : 304
Said "Thanks" 3,639 Times
Was Thanked 10,462 Times in 3,142 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 713 Times
Default Re: What Are You Listening To?

I'm all over the musical map. Just about anything get played in this house!

Brian, I'm 45 and even I like EDM and used to participate heavily in the Underground scene before it became known as the "Rave scene" We actually had our parties/clubs in vacant warehouses with stolen electricity from neighboring buildings! This was back in the late 80's into the early 90's. It was a lot of fun, no rules or dress codes, just cool people having fun until the police or fire dept showed up. Got to see most of the big DJs from the day spin. This was before lasers and light shows, but fire breathers/jugglers were not unusual! The clubs were also very hard to find. First you had to be on a mailing list to get the instructions, then go from on spot to another getting new instructions until you finally found the party. This was also before the gangs got involved. Good times!

I'm more into Glitch these days, especially from the likes of eDIT and the Glitch Mob.

At the moment I'm really into Emily Wells. Don't quite know how to explain her stuff but it's really fun to see her in a small 50-100 person club while chillin with some cocktails!

Here is a clip from the Emily Wells Trio Symphony shot at Hotel Cafe which is where we like to see her perform.

[YT]UvvpVz_cHyQ[/YT]
momoese is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To momoese
Said thanks: