Thread: Message from me
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2009, 02:12 PM   #29 (permalink)
Chironex
The causasian Asian!

Zone: I have no idea
Name: Scot
BananaBucks : 118,794
Said "Thanks" 4,544 Times
Was Thanked 1,406 Times in 808 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 609 Times
Send a message via MSN to Chironex Send a message via Yahoo to Chironex
Default Re: Message from me

Quote:
Originally Posted by eaperez View Post
yeah, nice to see you here too. i am enjoying this and i am learning too. imagine, i've been working on bananas for so long and the first question that showed me that i've got to learn more is the banana cultivar aeae. first time that i've seen this plant is in in Angela Keppler's yard. anyway. i google searched the image and voila. i think i have a good suggestion on how we can tc this plant though it is a slim chance of getting the same phenotype as the mother plant.
later.....
eden
Eden, I am all ears if you have a possible way to tc this chimera and have any chance of retaining phenotype of the mother. I believe it is a periclinal chimera from past discussions here. I am interested in trying to induce variegation on green AeAe to see what comes of it. I have some basjoo that I plan to use for variegation induction using streptomycin or spectinomycin. If this shows promise, then on to AeAe. There is some research done using this method that has produced variegates that remain true-to-type in subsequent generations. Heat and cold may also be able to be used to induce this trait as well. This is also in the same research article.

Click for Jakarta, Indonesia Forecast
Chironex is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Chironex