Thread: Message from me
View Single Post
Old 04-17-2009, 01:33 PM   #27 (permalink)
eaperez

BananaBucks : 7,145
Said "Thanks" 0 Times
Was Thanked 13 Times in 8 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Re: Message from me

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chironex View Post
Hi Eden! I am particularly glad that you joined us here. As an amateur tissue culturer I am happy to be able to learn more about new studies and sharing of techniques.
I have been experiencing several challenges in embryo rescue, finding a good medium to promote growth. I would also like to find out a technique for some of the Ensete varieties such as ventricosum Maurelii and perrieri. Apparently there has been little success with traditional M&S medium with Ensete. I may also have access to E. v. 'Montebeliardii' which is far more rare than 'Maurelii'. I have read some research on a newer medium, but wondered about any experience that you may have.
Welcome to Bananas.org!
Hi Scot,
I have no experience in embryo rescue but i thought it is not so difficult as long as the seed is viable. i did immature embryo rescue on corn so this shouldn't be a problem. i know one media formulation for germination of banana embryos from somatic cells initiated through somatic embryogenesis. try this and tell me if it works: MS salts + Morel and Westmore Vitamins (100 mg/L myo-inositol, 1 mg/L thiamine-hydrochloride, 1 mg/L nicotinic acid, 1 mg/L calcium panthotenate, 0.01 mg/L biotin, and 10 mg/L folic acid) + 0.045 mgL BAP + 0.2 mg/L IAA + 30 g/L sucrose, pH 5.7.
aloha.....
eden
eaperez is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To eaperez