View Single Post
Old 04-14-2009, 12:17 AM   #23 (permalink)
Magilla Gorilla

Zone: 10
Name: Andrew
BananaBucks : 207,325
Said "Thanks" 612 Times
Was Thanked 1,183 Times in 357 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 79 Times
Default Re: Indian Bananawith edible peels?

Quote:
Originally Posted by harveyc View Post
Howard, I guess you're nuts about nuts! :P

I wonder if the skin on this banana is thin and might split easily. I'd love to visit India with this guy. He's been a geneticist for about 30 years and is full of interesting information. I'd also like to try as many of the mangoes in India as I could. There's one mango tree in India with over 300 varieties on it.

Ken Love, the banana poster creator from Hawaii is going to India for a couple of months and he told me that he is going to visit a friend in India who has 390 types of bananas. Hard to imagine. Of course, I tried to see if he could import some for me but it looks like it will be tough to do as he has a busy schedule and the fees are really crazy. We may still try, though.
Ken Love! He is the one I met on the Big Island that said he knew you Harvey. I bought a poster from him. A really nice guy!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tog Tan View Post
On my side, so far none of the 'naner peels are edible. The Thai skewer the Klauy Kai like a kebab and roast it and many of them eat the 'naner with the peel as it is very thin. The pulp of the Kluay Kai breaks up when cooked, so the best way to eat it is to roast it peel and all to keep the pulp intact. When cooked like this, it tastes like sugar. Maybe this is how the peel is eaten.

I guess your WC is pretty shell ridden like bullet ridden?
I have one of these. I wasn't sure if it was an edible fruiter. Mine is still in the one gallon soon to hit the dirt. I grew up in New York and had a nanny from Barbados (no nanny jokes!). She fried plantians and other bananas and sometimes cooked the peels.

Andrew

Find more about Weather in Kailua Kona, HI
Magilla Gorilla is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Magilla Gorilla
Said thanks: