View Single Post
Old 01-25-2009, 01:13 AM   #15 (permalink)
MG
Martha

Zone: 8
Name: Martha
BananaBucks : 5,003
Said "Thanks" 9 Times
Was Thanked 18 Times in 7 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 1 Times
Default Re: Anyone know this E-bay seller?

Quote:
Originally Posted by Richard View Post
Hi Martha,

I am not a customer of yours, but since Chong is happy with your plants then I might try you in the future.

However, I do have a comment about your fertilizers, which I have also made elsewhere on this site. In particular, your banana fertilizer 15-5-30 is currently listed for $3.95 per pound on your website. First of all, 15-5-30 is a great formula for Hawaii and similar nitrogen-rich environments, but it is not the optimal choice for the continental U.S. A better choice is 20-5-30. But more importantly, your fertilizer is over-priced. This formula is 15% Nitrogen, so it contains 1 lb x 15% = 0.15 lb of Nitrogen. Therefore, it is $3.95 / 0.15 lb = $26.33 per pound of Nitrogen! I am accustomed to retail prices of $5 to $10 per pound of Nitrogen. Finally, the quantity you are selling is (unintentionally) misleading gardeners about the application rate for fruiting bananas. After reaching 3 foot or so in height, a single fruiting banana plant in the ground can use 5 lbs of 15-5-30 or 20-5-30 per year. So a 1 lb bag seems like an inappropriate size.

I hope this helps!
Hi Richard. Everyone keeps confusing me with someone else. I don't have a website. I need one but I don't have one. I don't sell fertilizer. I only sell plants on Ebay and bonanzle.com. Martha
MG is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To MG
Said thanks: