View Single Post
Old 01-22-2009, 07:46 PM   #1 (permalink)
chasbear
Banana Explorer

Zone: Equatorial
Name: Charles
BananaBucks : 18,516
Said "Thanks" 153 Times
Was Thanked 210 Times in 65 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 26 Times
Default Yes, we have no Senorita Bananas!

Several members on here have asked me if I could supply growing stocks for Senorita bananas from our locale here in the Philippines. I am more than happy to try to do this so I've been working on getting set up for this with all of the proper authorization from USDA, etc. One of the USDA requirements is that any import of plant materials into the US is accompanied with a certificate of clean health from the country of origin. I have finally tracked down the agency here that would do this, only to learn that no exports of Musa of any type is allowed off of Mindanao island where we live. So, as of this time I am unable to help out with any of the members here that inquired about this, I'm very sorry! The good part about this for me is that I've already acquired a few Senorita plants that are growing well now in our field and we'll just have to find some other avenue for marketing these. I'll post some photos soon.

Read more about my SOUTH EAST ASIA ADVENTURES

Current Conditions at our Provincial Capital:

Click for Malaybalay, Philippines Forecast
chasbear is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To chasbear
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors