View Single Post
Old 09-07-2006, 05:55 PM   #75 (permalink)
JoeReal

BananaBucks : 407,859
Said "Thanks" 108 Times
Was Thanked 474 Times in 228 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 16 Times
Default Re: Last California Gold of the year!!!

You may not make it past of my place,

I sponsored a wine tasting event of just 22 wines at my place about 2 weekends ago. Most participants were drunk halfway through the wine list.

I put score sheets out, on blind taste tests by pouring commercial wines and my wines into the same type clean bottles with just the number as labels.

Was surprised to find out that my tomato wine scored the highest, with near perfect scores, followed by blueberry wine, then raspberry wine, then by cran blueberry combo, while the commercial Mondavi, Yellowtails, Ravenswood wines were ranked lower. Banana and citrus wine were midway scorers and were still ranked significantly higher than the commercial wines.

Generally my officemates ranked the sweet red wines as the highest scorers, followed by sweet whites, then by dry reds, and the lowest scorers were the dry white wines.

The sweet red wines are very rare to find from the California wine shelves.

I also have port wines from tomatoes, Hardy Korean Pear. I'm dyring to try my California Gold Sherry wines, just under two months more.

If you're in the area, just drop me an email and we'll have impromptu wine tasting.
JoeReal is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To JoeReal