View Single Post
Old 09-01-2006, 03:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
JoeS475
Winter Sucks...

Zone: 6-7
Name: Joe
BananaBucks : 100,094
Said "Thanks" 7 Times
Was Thanked 15 Times in 13 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Another Overwintering Question:

Something that hasn't been clear to me (although I may well have misread so please excuse me if it was answered already)

My bananas (all currently potted) are going to be stored in my basement, in a dark closet, with plastic bags over the roots (to prevent soil mess where possible), but the temperature will be most likely above 60 degrees, and it may be very slightly damp in the closet. Will this work? Is it absolutely necessary for the temperature to be below 55?

My garage will go waaaaay below freezing, and I have no crawl space or other options. Greenhouse is not happening this year, and only the smaller plants (and palms which I dare not store) will be able to grow indoors.

Do you guys think my bananas might make it - stored say mid-late Sept to mid April?

Thanks for your advice,

~Joe

BTW, Its already been said, but Frank's overwintering tutorial was absolutely fantastic! Thanks for your hard work!!!!

JoeS475 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To JoeS475

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors