Thread: What happenend
View Single Post
Old 10-05-2008, 10:57 AM   #1 (permalink)
Larry815

BananaBucks : 7,691
Said "Thanks" 0 Times
Was Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default What happenend

I had a indoor banana plant and when i repotted it into a bigger pot....the plant died. Now I know this is bad but I dont remember what kind of Banana plant that it is.
It did have a pup starting to come up...and than in the middle of the pup turned black and died. The stalk totaly is dead also. The question that I want to ask is.
Could the roots still be alive and hope that maybe there be more pups that could pop up? Or should I just throw the roots away?
I was thinking that MAYBE someone poured something into the soil...beer, pop. Or something like that. Im not sure if anyone did or not.
Also as I was moving the pot, I did notice little white bugs in the soil, this is brand new soil when I just replanted it a month or so ago.
I just think that its weird that a plant that I have had for a few years just up and died after repotting it?
Any responce on why the plant died would be great! or if the roots are gonna make it,
Thanks
Larry815 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Larry815

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors