View Single Post
Old 09-20-2008, 08:45 AM   #1 (permalink)
TTP, Fred

Zone: 9
BananaBucks : 11,278
Said "Thanks" 0 Times
Was Thanked 12 Times in 7 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default My Ice Creams--awesome

As you may know, these were planted in March of 2007 and flowered in May of 2008. I've posted some images in my photo gallery.

Last week, I cut 4 green bananas off the right tree (the one laying down) and put them into a bag with an apple. I tried them this weekend, and they were great!! I had tried one earlier, but it had not sufficiently ripened, the ones I tried this morning were perfect.

I chopped off the bananas from the main stem on the right one, and I'm in the process of hanging it up so they can continue to ripen.

With any luck, I'll have eaten most of the bananas from one plant before the other plant's bananas are ready.

TTP, Fred is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To TTP, Fred

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors