Thread: Dragon Fruit
View Single Post
Old 08-14-2008, 12:30 AM   #25 (permalink)
Simon

BananaBucks : 17,910
Said "Thanks" 0 Times
Was Thanked 6 Times in 3 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Re: Dragon Fruit

Hello everyone, has your Physical graffiti and American Beauty fruited yet? My "Halley's Comet" is supposed to be nearly identical to your "Physical Grafitti". They are both highly recommended Red type dragon fruit and they are supposed to be delicious! My American Beauty has 1 fruit so far this year and my Halley's Comet is waay bigger and I'm hoping it will fruit soon. I kept my plants in very small pots for almost half a year and only just repoted them so they should fruit heavily next year.

For those of you who want to plant Dragon Fruit from seeds, I do not recommend it. It takes a long time and if you plant a cutting instead, you know the quality of fruit you are getting, you know whether it is self fruitful, and you know what growing conditions it likes. Some DF do not like strong sun and will turn Yellow and even die in strong intense Summer sunlight. If you really want to grow DF I can give you a free cutting of my white varieties but I will have to charge for my Halleys Comet or American Beauty cuttings.
Simon is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Simon
Said thanks: