View Single Post
Old 05-28-2008, 04:51 PM   #20 (permalink)
chong

Zone: 8-9
Name: Chong
BananaBucks : 96,747
Said "Thanks" 1,309 Times
Was Thanked 1,701 Times in 758 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 991 Times
Default Re: Since bananas like water, and there are water restrictions ...

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukeofargy View Post
MsKitty,

Unfortunately, I can't mulch my lawn. Currently, . . . . . . . . loose mulch.

I have purchased automatic drip line equipment. However, I thought that using the bath water might be a good way to reuse a natural resource which might otherwise go down the drain. Now, if only I could figure out a way to get the water from the bath tub to the plant without my having to carry it.
If you are handy with tools, you can replumb the discharge of your tub/shower/lavatory (not kitchen sink) to a separate "graywater" sewer line and discharge it to a tank, if you wish. If your tub/shower is(are) on slab on grade, it's going to be tough, and you'll need a sump and pump to send the water up to grade level. At least you can use you lav water since the discharge is usually 20" above the floor, unless you have a ways to go to an exterior wall. If they are on the second floor, your only problem will be your access to the piping. You will need to knock off some walls and ceiling.

Or, you can hire a plumber. Lucky for me, I did all the utility construction of my house when I was having it built. I was able to provide access to critical areas, where I thought I needed to go in the future.
chong is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To chong
Said thanks:
Sponsors