View Single Post
Old 04-13-2023, 10:27 AM   #1 (permalink)
moochops

Name: Mike
BananaBucks : 7,284
Said "Thanks" 8 Times
Was Thanked 13 Times in 6 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 2 Times
Default Tiny sprout (pup?) advice

Hi everyone. I’ve been a fair few years out of the banana game due to a number of factors. Just got the itch again and I bought a trio of tiny plug plants a fortnight ago. One basjoo, one sikkimensis and an Ensete. I potted them up and they’re doing well - each one has produced a new leaf. My question is that the sikkimensis arrived with this little fella sprouting next to it. Hopefully I’ll attach the photo in a moment. Now my gut is telling me the right thing to do is to snip it off and let the bigger plant grow. But it seems such a shame! 😂
What do you think?
Thanks,
moochops

I’ve posted the image in my gallery. Is that correct? Struggling with a small phone screen here. It’s the one circled in red. Appreciate any advice! 🙏
moochops is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To moochops
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors