View Single Post
Old 01-12-2023, 09:44 AM   #12 (permalink)
aruzinsky

Zone: 6a (10 miles east of 5b)
Name: Steve
BananaBucks : 160,791
Said "Thanks" 15 Times
Was Thanked 784 Times in 316 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 5 Times
Default Re: My Greenhouse Experiments with Light, Cooling and Temperature

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincinnana View Post
Minerals in the water will spot everything.

Vent free gas heaters produce a fare ammout of moisture as well as vent free logs for the fireplace. I use both.
I believe the ventfree will create more moisture than an atomizer ever would.

My wall mount 30,000 btu ventfree in the garage is in a high moisture area and no issues with mineral buildup/rust on the pilot or igniter or ceramics.

I see the point with excessive condinsation on the windows it is difficult to strike a balance, at least for me anyways.
I don't use the heaters in the summer and I don't want extra humidification in the winter because the extra moisture would end up as extra condensation on the inner surface of the polycarbonate panels thereby transferring heat to the panels and raising my heating bills.

No, a ventless gas heater won't produce nearly as much moisture as an atomizer designed for use in a greenhouse. I could prove it by calculating the gallons per hour of water produced by burning 30,000 BTU of methane but, at the moment, I am too lazy. You should know from your own experience that a wide open stove burner, which is about 10,000 BTU, won't raise the humidity in your kitchen nearly as much as a pot of water over low flame, about 1000 BTU.
aruzinsky is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To aruzinsky
Said thanks: