View Single Post
Old 08-09-2022, 12:55 PM   #40 (permalink)
beam2050
banana cereal killer

Zone: 9b-8a
Name: walkinbeam
Said "Thanks" 10,738 Times
Was Thanked 3,359 Times in 1,545 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 816 Times
Default Re: I pulled out my Manzano.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Janelle525 View Post
Yeah I love the taste of them! So I was hoping it would have done better. My soil is grey sand and I added quite a bit of organic matter but it just always looked like it was chlorotic and struggled to grow no matter what I did. I didn't see any evidence of nemotodes or anything. Roots looked fine, it was just severely stunted.
well dont give up there are other alternatives.

my manzano's and my gros michal, which i think is a dwarf, guit growing good while the cow manure and compost was good [not used up]. i tried putting fresh cow and compost on top with little effect. so i am working with compost tea. but have not done so yet because both are freshly replanted.

but thanks to hurricane erma, i might have stumbled upon a different way of planting. 10 mats so far, planted with 8 different varieties of bananas has been working fantastically in my yard and my soil for most plants. it takes me a week and a half to prepare a hole for a banana. i am working on hole number 11 as we speak.

at this time i am not giving up any information until i know more about what i am doing. maybe november. and i will probably not know totally for 2 to 3 years.

thanks for turning me around about the ph meter, in this it was extremely helpful.

what is your moisture reading the day after it rains? 3 days?

npk of wood ash 0/1/3 to 0/3/7

npk of banana leaf ash 1.75/0.75/0.5
beam2050 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To beam2050