View Single Post
Old 07-24-2022, 11:38 AM   #30 (permalink)
PR-Giants
Commercial Grower

BananaBucks : 4,543
Said "Thanks" 2,900 Times
Was Thanked 12,468 Times in 3,623 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 3,204 Times
Default Re: Beware of Rip Offs from Members

Quote:
Originally Posted by bananaT View Post

I will let everyone on here know something!
I have bought banana plants from basically every BIG name banana person out there. & all of you guys, too.

EVERY SINGLE ONE, I won't call out direct names, of those well known collectors & sellers has a one point sold or given me a plant that was NOT TRUE TO TYPE...

That is a fact that I go by.
Its not done on purpose. Nobody wants to lose business. But! "Sh*t Happens"
I don't know if you ever received a banana plant from me but I'm sure I've never sent the wrong plant to anyone, there are far too many protocols in place for a mistake to happen.

Sometimes a seller can unintentionally send the wrong plant but it can also be done intentionally.

Two situations that stand out most to me.

The first was a member selling an SH-3640 and their photo was clearly identifiable but not as an SH-3640. I posted that it was not an SH-3640 and then they posted that it was 100% an SH-3640 because they got it and an FHIA-02 from a reputable seller on the forum.

Now what made that reply interesting was that their SH-3640 photo was actually a photo of an FHIA-02 and so I wasn't surprised when I looked through their photo gallery to find that their FHIA-02 photos were actually photos of an SH-3640.

If they learned how to identify their bananas a mistake like that would never happen.

The second was a member who purchased a dwarf Gros Michel 'Highgate' from us and afterwards sold the offshoots as dwarf Gros Michel 'Cocos' while also saying they got the mother plant from us.

Be careful of sellers that make a point of where they got the banana because they might be trying to shift the blame if any mistakes happen to the previous seller. Every seller should be responsible for correctly identifying their own bananas prior to selling them, it's that simple.

Technically they did get the banana from us but it was sold as a dwarf Gros Michel 'Highgate' and not as a dwarf Gros Michel 'Cocos'.

It was really funny when the member years later posted that our dwarf Gros Michel 'Cocos' was not a real dwarf Gros Michel 'Cocos'.

What that member didn't realize was that even though we grow the dwarf Gros Michel 'Cocos' we had not and still haven't yet made it available for distribution.

PR-Giants Photo Gallery

15,000+ Varieties

Last edited by PR-Giants : 07-24-2022 at 11:54 AM.
PR-Giants is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To PR-Giants
Said thanks: