View Single Post
Old 07-16-2022, 12:31 PM   #4 (permalink)
The Grove at Bo's Cove

Zone: 9A
Name: Scott
BananaBucks : 3,355
Said "Thanks" 107 Times
Was Thanked 14 Times in 7 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 12 Times
Default Re: Intro from Pensacola Florida

Quote:
Originally Posted by beam2050 View Post
welcome to the forum.

sandy soil, well draining. the first thing you want to do is go to lowe's and buy the cheap butt ph, light, moisture meter [before you buy any more bananas] and check the acidity in your soil. well draining sandy soil could mean you are high in acidity. i know, my acidity almost pegs the meter. almost 8, while most bananas like somewhere around a 5.5 ph.

some bananas dont mind so much a higher acidity, some will not grow at all. like cavendish and gran nain. your kandarin should do fairly well.

but i should add what is below the grass on my property, is not under the grass on yours.

welcome again. congrats on the flower and keep us posted.

the person who shows the most pics here is king.
Thanks Beam for the feedback. I have the exact meter that you had suggested. I just checked the soil/compost mix that the plants were put in and the ph read about 6.5. I will watch my bananas to see if they are impacted over the coming weeks. So far they seem to like where they were planted and nearly all put a new leaf on this week.
The Grove at Bo's Cove is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To The Grove at Bo's Cove
Said thanks: