View Single Post
Old 07-12-2022, 08:25 PM   #16 (permalink)
beam2050
banana cereal killer

Zone: 9b-8a
Name: walkinbeam
BananaBucks : 507
Said "Thanks" 10,754 Times
Was Thanked 3,363 Times in 1,545 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 816 Times
Default Re: Dwarf Namwah update

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akula View Post
Careful on soil amendments. The crinkly/wavey leaf condiiton in the S.E./Gulf Coast area is usually due to the plant growing at a rate that is in excess of its ability to pick up/incorporate the minor elements such as boron and calcium and not necessarily due to a lack of boron or calcium in the soil. Fast growth is often the result of a bit too much nitrogen and/or a lot of precipitation.

Although not ideal, a bit of crinkle in the leaf does not impair the plant's ability to produce fruit. All of my plants have some crinkle and all of them produce big bunches. I have a dwarf namwa myself that is about to fruit that has crinkles and a massively thick pstem. I'll post up the bunch when it flowers.

The fact that your leafs are not split from all the storms that have moved through our area over the past month tells me that the plant leaves are pretty healthy.

some times on some bananas. if you over fertilize, the leaves, they dont turn brown, they deform. case in point, over fertilize a praying hands. when you push them hard.

npk of wood ash 0/1/3 to 0/3/7

npk of banana leaf ash 1.75/0.75/0.5

Last edited by beam2050 : 07-13-2022 at 04:38 AM.
beam2050 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To beam2050
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors