View Single Post
Old 06-11-2022, 09:48 AM   #9 (permalink)
Janelle525

Zone: 10a
BananaBucks : 12,458
Said "Thanks" 381 Times
Was Thanked 326 Times in 130 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 65 Times
Default Re: Where is everyone at? Share some pics

Quote:
Originally Posted by Valor_X View Post
I used to have a massive Meyer Lemon tree that gave me hundreds of giant grapefruit sized lemons (no joke) but it was killed by the 2021 Texas Winter Storm

I've planted another Meyer Lemon tree but it will take years to get to the size my old one was.
I also bought a Navel Orange & Variegated Pink Lemon tree.

I also like growing Melons & Watermelons every year but this year the heat is too intense I'm not getting anything so far.

Also tried growing a peach tree once but the bugs quickly went after it. They would eat the leaves and ruin any fruit. I would have to be spraying it with insecticide for it to work so I gave up on growing peaches.

Thankfully the bugs leave my Bananas alone, only thing that bothers them sometimes are caterpillars making holes on new cigar leaves
I have to keep an eye out for my seedling bananas though.
Sorry to hear about your lemon tree, that really stinks. Freezes can be really devastating for tropical fruit tree growers.

I hear you on the melons! I still have yet to figure out how to grow them in Florida, have to start them super early and wait to put them out when the weather warms up because if I plant seeds end of February it gets too hot and dry. Timing is everything here. Is summer the rainy season for Texas like it is in Florida? I was so surprised by how dry it is here in the spring but as soon as June comes it's near daily thunder showers.

I love that bananas have few pests as well.

ETA: Those are massive lemons!!