View Single Post
Old 09-15-2021, 01:24 PM   #99 (permalink)
Janelle525

Zone: 10a
BananaBucks : 12,333
Said "Thanks" 381 Times
Was Thanked 326 Times in 130 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 65 Times
Default Re: Looks like I may not receive my order from Florida Hill Nursery.

All of my bananas except two are TCs from FHN, I fell for the blue java but it looks to be the tall namwah. It's extremely vigorous I also got it in May of 2020 and it's putting out it's first flower right now. The Goldfinger I got also in that order has nearly ripe bananas already. I put them directly into the ground after getting them. I ordered a praying hands a few months ago and it's doing great, I hope it really is a praying hands! The three I got first back in Oct 2019: raja pisang, dwarf namah and basjoo honestly didn't do well as I was a beginner at growing in florida sandy soil. The basjoo promptly died and didn't look well from the beginning honestly, but not sure why I bought it in the first place, I live in the perfect climate for growing the real ones! wish I had potted those three so I could figure out how to grow them first. I'm finally getting the hang of things and really excited about my first rack of bananas!