View Single Post
Old 08-17-2021, 06:22 PM   #17 (permalink)
Snarkie
The Cat Whisperer

Zone: 8b, pushing 9a
Name: D.A. Hänks
BananaBucks : 155,144
Said "Thanks" 1,218 Times
Was Thanked 1,970 Times in 1,145 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 1,049 Times
Default Re: How about this..

Quote:
Originally Posted by sirdoofus View Post

Soooooo, the recommendation as I have always heard it is to dispatch the animal in a humane manner once caught.

I am not the expert, this is just my understanding based on what I have heard/read.....at the very least it is something to think about.
She won't/can't do that.

If you have a pest...
If no one else can help, and if you can find him...
Maybe YOU can hire... the Snarkinator!

Now, if it really is a skunk; they are super easy to catch. Once you know it's not rabid (like, it's not aggressive and still around after a few months), you can call it like a cat and it will come over. They're even more friendly than red foxes. They absolutely LOVE attention; treats and petting. The stories about kids and the funny-looking black and white kitties are spot on. Skunks are probably the most affable members of the weasel family, aside from ferrets. Somewhere, I have a picture of me when I was 9 or 10, with one sitting on my lap.

My uncle (married to my aunt, not biological), was 3/4 Penobscot Indian, and taught me everything I know about skunks and how to interact with them. He'd catch them for people. Not trap them, but actually catch them; literally. In his hands. He'd whistle and talk to them, and they'd come right over. He'd pet them, pick them up and stuff them in a gunny sack. Now you know why I have an affinity for black and white cats.

The Only Eastern Redwood Forest in America

"Nuke my 'nanners, will you?!"
Snarkie is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Snarkie
Said thanks: