View Single Post
Old 05-26-2021, 08:45 AM   #12 (permalink)
JaredZone9a

Zone: 9a
BananaBucks : 21,036
Said "Thanks" 410 Times
Was Thanked 159 Times in 107 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 1 Times
Default Re: Foliar spray for insects and other critters

Quote:
Originally Posted by cincinnana View Post
Bananas in your zone will flower more readily than in my short 170 day growing season.
There are forum members in warmer zones similar to yours that exclusively grow in containers from flower to fruit.

Containers should be large but not too large if you have to move them indoors during inclement weather.
Start at 50 gal containers on up....the larger the better.
Some fellas recommend 200-400 gal which is a decent size for a plant.

For your Insect control spot treat your problem plants or use a systemic to treat your specific insects.🐝

The internet has some great recipes for some decent soilless mix's.
Youtube has some great takeaways also.
I make my own.
Pick and choose what you can afford or make.

Some gardeners have fantastic luck with MiracleGrow mix right out of the bag and others kill everything they plant in it
If you plant inground just make sure you amend your soil using good gardening practices.

I’ve seen a lot of potting videos and it seems everybody does something different. I will say I’m a believer in Perlite because I’ve never used it until recently. Talk about a MAJOR difference. I can see how it would definitely help with soil compaction, drainage, and aeration. I always wondered what the white things were in pots and now I know.

Really thinking about putting one of my Dwarf Namwa into a large container because I know it will take until next season to fruit it. I’ll over winterize the others.

Is organic cedar mulch any good? I found some of that at Lowe’s. I know some of the other mulch will float off when you get heavy rains.
JaredZone9a is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To JaredZone9a