View Single Post
Old 05-20-2021, 08:43 AM   #27 (permalink)
wstrickland1

Zone: 8-B
BananaBucks : 54,021
Said "Thanks" 306 Times
Was Thanked 1,424 Times in 593 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 2 Times
Default Re: Looks like I may not receive my order from Florida Hill Nursery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mikemooreflorida View Post
I ordered from them a few times 2-3 years ago, I got stuff and most of the trees were correct but with bananas only time would tell and those that fruited have all been incorrect (4 out of 6). they also were very beat up from not perfect shipping. I still believe the deal with FHN is that they buy the 2nd hand, mislabeled or not labeled plants from argistarts for super cheap and resell them as whatever they want/think it may be.
Sounds about right. I bought those 2 plants and some gran nains and everything grew pretty good. That was before I joined this forum and read "that thread" (was a doosie) about them. I've never grown anything and what I got from them did so the products can't bee too awful. Also I always got what I ordered, at least in terms of quantity. I think my ensete is an ensete and my GNs are GNs but the Blue java will be a namwah.

Bottom line they're cheap and will ship to South Carolina in February. It's an option for a winter fix on the cheap. Definitely nothing to compare with the Praying Hands and Truly Tinys (and others) I got from Larry.
wstrickland1 is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To wstrickland1
Said thanks: