View Single Post
Old 10-20-2020, 05:38 PM   #15 (permalink)
cincinnana
container grower

Zone: HZ 6/5 Microclimate - Elevation 750 feet- 228.60 meters
BananaBucks : 758
Said "Thanks" 3,865 Times
Was Thanked 11,706 Times in 4,870 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 1,943 Times
Default Re: has anyone heard of or ordered from miamifruit

[quote=*Dearly Depotted*;336026]
Quote:
Originally Posted by mdouglas View Post
Was surprised to see the email alert about this thread. I posted in this thread back in 2017, apparently.

Sometime after that, I ordered my own banana box from Miami fruit. In my opinion, it was only worth the money the one time to be able to get several banana species that I wouldn't be able to get any other way.

That said, I would never order it again. Mainly because I didn't like the taste of any of the bananas!

I was mainly interested in the Gros Michel. I found them to be smaller than expected and did not taste nearly as amazing as I'd been led to believe. I'd been waiting 20 years to taste one, and perhaps they'd taken on a mythical quality and I was just let down by my own built-up expectations.

For me it was worth it for the one-time experience. The box was absolutely packed with bananas, and the quality of the bananas was great.

[/QUOTE

I figured it was a long shot to hear from someone on this thread! So thanks for the reply & information! How disappointing you had to wait 20 years to find out you don’t even like the taste! Yeah I’m beginning to think I should probably pass on buying from this company. Thanks for the heads up!
Yep.....all good....