View Single Post
Old 09-07-2020, 10:10 AM   #1 (permalink)
JHammer

BananaBucks : 998
Said "Thanks" 2 Times
Was Thanked 4 Times in 2 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Identifying brown blotches

Hi folks!
A few months back I obtained a Dwarf Cavendish banana plant, I love it, and it's doing very well having just produced it's largest leaf yet.

However I've recently noticed this mark (see image) and I just wanted to check with a forum what it might be.

My hunch is that it's actually soil? Trapped behind the leaf layers or somehow dragged up through growth, is this possible?
It's like a tattoo, just below the surface, not scrapable nor is it mushy or bumpy.
I've come to greatly love this plant and as this is something I'm not quite sure about I'd like a second opinion!

Banana Gallery - Brown markings

For some reason the image is showing up as blank? I've uploaded it to an image hosting site as an alternative:
https://ibb.co/zsGWs5T

Thanks in advance!
Jack

Last edited by JHammer : 09-07-2020 at 10:16 AM.
JHammer is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To JHammer

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors