Thread: Spider Mites?
View Single Post
Old 07-28-2020, 07:24 PM   #13 (permalink)
PeteMoss

BananaBucks : 16,057
Said "Thanks" 3 Times
Was Thanked 15 Times in 12 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Re: Spider Mites?

I never got a chance to order the predators, shipping times and my schedule the past couple weeks would've led to them dying in my mailbox... So I kept spraying and it works for a few days. @cincinnana and then I do it again. I still wanna give predators a shot but the sprays kill them too, so I suppose I have to wait.

@smeash & @sirdoofus When you say submerge, you mean take 'em out of the planters and submerge the roots and foliage? I'd be afraid the palm tree seedlings might not take it so well... I suppose the fittest will survive. How long before you noticed them come back?

My largest plant is a 2 foot washingtonia robusta. I spray that too but I haven't noticed anything on it to start. I have 1 footer too, same thing. But many of my washingtonia seedlings are succumbing to the mites, I wonder if it's because they're small strap leaves are easier to penetrate the almost cardboard feeling fan leaves of the bigger palms. The Bananas are like a foot tall.

The dwarf namwa and the basjoo I was growing seemed to host the most mites, so sadly i chopped them down and scrapped them I can't find any on the dwarf cavendish now, which is odd because that one had the most when i first noticed.
PeteMoss is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To PeteMoss