View Single Post
Old 05-03-2020, 07:33 AM   #1 (permalink)
smeash

Zone: 9a
BananaBucks : 21,224
Said "Thanks" 385 Times
Was Thanked 872 Times in 443 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 67 Times
Default Did I overfertilize?

Hi all.. ive had what I believe to be my dwarf namwah banana plants in the ground since early March.. I was fertilizing them with water soluble banana fuel from Wellspring gardens, but that turned out to be an expensive proposition with 10 plants as they got larger. Last week I switched to 13/13/13 granular, and decided on 4oz per plant each week. My understanding was I was needing about 1 lb per month during the growing season for these plants.. So today is day 6 after fertilizing, and I noticed problems with 2 plants cigar leaves. Besides seeming thin and light green, they were ripping easily as they we unfurling. One of the plants appears the have a portion of the last cigar leaf still wrapped up, with another cigar leaf coming out of that incomplete leaf.. so my questions for you experts..
1. What should I do about the incomplete cigar with another cigar leaf emerging?
2. From what you can see do you believe this is caused by too much ferts?

I should mention these plants are bedded in a foot of mushroom compost and well composted horse manure, covered with 6 inches of wood chips.

smeash is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To smeash
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors