View Single Post
Old 03-13-2020, 06:07 PM   #1 (permalink)
BananaN00b
ElmCityBananas

BananaBucks : 3,655
Said "Thanks" 2 Times
Was Thanked 6 Times in 6 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Big mistakes for small banana trees

I've gotten millipedes in my banana pots all winter and just noticed them a week ago!!! What a fool I am to just notice now! There are other tiny bugs and spiders living in them as well. Last weekend I've decided to re-pot them in new soil.

The three plants in trouble:

A mystery Banana from a crazy artist friend, it grows into a big tree in the ground, it's about one third it's parent's height.

two "truly tiny musa," one is a plant I've had for 6+ years, and the other is a young clone that accidentally split during re-potting. They've been looking miserable since the re-pot, but they really needed it. When I was washed the millipedes away from the roots, I've noticed one even dug a hole into the root! I had to dig it out with a paper clip! That tiny little jerk! anyway they are looking very depressed and was wondering if anyone has any advice on how to do emergency banana stuff. The mystery banana plant is down to one unrolled leaf, and I'm worried about it's safety. The Truly Tiny trees are ok, but the mother has no open leaf which means it's probably living off of reserves.

any information would be great!

BananaN00b is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To BananaN00b
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors