View Single Post
Old 11-09-2019, 06:02 PM   #1 (permalink)
Sanshin

BananaBucks : 137
Said "Thanks" 0 Times
Was Thanked 2 Times in 1 Post
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Help diagnosing my plant!

Hi all hoping for some help diagnosing/treating my banana plant issues:

Had a heavy mite problem which I've treated and seem to have dispelled with insecticide, but my plant is showing several symptoms of distress:

-leaves are dropping
-main stalk was leaning over progressively
-new leaves are very thin as they shoot out and unfurl
-new leaves seem to have brown spots before they even unfurl
-some black showing on main stalk and where the leaves branch off the main stalk
-leaves seem to be developing redish spots underneath as they age

It is placed right beside our sunniest window, though it is quite cloudy in the winter months in Victoria.

Watered anytime the topsoil dries out which seems to be every 24hrs

Still pushing new leaves but at a much slower rate than when bought, and these leaves are significantly smaller than when first brought home about 5 months ago, midsummer.

Have added a small amount of generic house plant fertilizer, but planning to buy some with banana specific ratio asap.

I know it's a Musa, but not sure the specific type as I've lost the card, oops!

Any help identifying the issues it's having would be greatly appreciated. Check out the pictures for specifics!
Sanshin is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Sanshin
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors