View Single Post
Old 10-02-2019, 01:48 AM   #3 (permalink)
PlantHoarder

Zone: 8
Name: Planthoarder
BananaBucks : 5,073
Said "Thanks" 21 Times
Was Thanked 28 Times in 18 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Re: Are my plants diseased?

I'm still pretty fresh off the farm in terms of nanner plant experiences but i've seen my plants show some of this once in a while.
It can be a drainage problem, and sometimes heat stress, sometimes nutrient issues.

If it's fungal it is likely it can be treated, it's important to limit potential bacterialogical outbreaks, because there are a few showing up in other parts of the world that are not treatable. They have had to burn the entire crop and not use the soil again.
Whomever does raise bananas needs to be quite on the ball about observing and limiting possible fungal issues. There are fungal sprays and drench solutions that could kill that.

I'd start by removing the potentially bad stuff and looking at the earth underneath it, if it is not attacking the roots then it's likely going to be OK but remove the bad stuff ASAP.
Keep that soil aerated too!

Dr earth anti-baterial is one brand I know of, all it takes is a little google-fu to come up with others. I've heard baking soda and cinnamon are potentially viable organic solutions for anti-microbial/anti-bacterial control agents but can't confirm.

Last edited by PlantHoarder : 10-02-2019 at 01:52 AM.
PlantHoarder is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To PlantHoarder
Said thanks: