View Single Post
Old 08-14-2019, 10:01 PM   #1 (permalink)
ferricyanide

BananaBucks : 9,770
Said "Thanks" 13 Times
Was Thanked 11 Times in 6 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Young indoor bananas rapidly dying

I got a couple of young bananas a couple months ago. It has been really hot so I have just kept them in the house. It's been over 100F the past week or 2 outside.

When I got the TCs they originally were doing well and producing new leaves. I was instructed to leave them in the original containers so I did.

However a little over 2 weeks ago they started rapidly dying off. Feeling the soil the first couple inches seemed bone dry so I added water. I now think that it was the wrong thing to do. They got worse. I have already lost one of the three. I panicked last night and transplanted them into bigger pots. When I did that I noticed the soil on top was really dry but the bottom was rather wet.

They still look worse today, I'm not sure if it's from transplant shock or they're still having problems I am desperately trying to save the remaining 2.

<blockquote class="imgur-embed-pub" lang="en" data-id="a/DoqfirM"><a href="http://imgur.com/a/DoqfirM"></a></blockquote><script async src="http://s.imgur.com/min/embed.js" charset="utf-8"></script>

The room they were in fluctuates between 74- 84 degrees depending on time of day. It's usually pretty dry but I had been misting them a couple times a day.

I have no idea what to do now and I'm just afraid I'm making everything worse.
ferricyanide is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To ferricyanide

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors