Thread: Zone 9B
View Single Post
Old 07-15-2019, 08:32 AM   #1 (permalink)
Apchasse

Zone: 9A
BananaBucks : 5,310
Said "Thanks" 0 Times
Was Thanked 8 Times in 5 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 0 Times
Default Zone 9B

Hello all,

As the title says, I live in Zone 9B. I tried planting bananas last year, but did it all wrong. Just got some small pups from a friend of a friend and stuck them in the ground, in the sand to be specific, with mulch on top. Needless to say, they haven't thrived, and I'm pretty sure after doing a bunch of research, I only got water suckers anyway. Not a clue what kind

I am going to start fresh with some sword suckers, and purchased plants, and take all the old ones out (they're looking really bad). A couple questions.

1. I travel, and wont be back home to do this until the second week of August. Do you think it'll be a little too late to get and stick some bananas in the ground? Should I wait until spring?

2. I've heard that you want the bananas in full sun. However, when you see bananas growing in the wild, a lot of times they're in dappled sun, under a canopy. What have you guys had success with?

3. Anyone in the Clearwater area recommend a place to buy pups at? If I'm going to spend the money, I want a good plant to start with.

Thanks so much for the help.

Last edited by Apchasse : 07-15-2019 at 09:23 AM.
Apchasse is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Apchasse
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors