View Single Post
Old 11-05-2018, 06:59 AM   #250 (permalink)
HMelendez
The Banana Gang Enforcer

Zone: 10B-11
BananaBucks : 193,065
Said "Thanks" 11,104 Times
Was Thanked 5,278 Times in 1,618 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 737 Times
Default Re: An Update Of My Latest Nana Plants 2018!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanana View Post
Is it completely sealed, ie. any leakage?

Clear packing tape or scotch tape?

Also what's the best way to cut it so they stack? Using a box cutter blade?

Does the second tier stack without the tape or is the tape crucial for structural integrity?

I wish they designed them from the get go to be able to stack as you have done, similar to the worm bins that stack allowing you to buy each extra level and they are made to stack.

Kanana,

I use waterproof clear tape from Home Depot, but regular clear tape will do the trick too!.....Trust me, it's completely seal!......In all the tiers (clear plastic humidity domes) you need to use tape on them for structural integrity!....You can use a normal scissor to cut the top off so they can stack!.....

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanana View Post
One more thing HMelendez, maybe I should have PMed you instead of posting here, but for the sake of other people wanting to make these expandable domes I figured it is relevant to the thread. Best I can find price wise on Amazon is a 10 pack of the 7" humidity domes for $49.99. Were you able to get a better deal than that? Seems pricey for what it is. Having said that, I'm pretty sure I paid more than that when I bought mine several years ago. Just seems expensive for a clear piece of plastic... $5 each???

https://www.amazon.com/10-Pack-Propa...humidity+domes

That is an awesome deal!....Thank you for posting it!........