View Single Post
Old 06-23-2018, 02:01 PM   #2 (permalink)
hdynad

Zone: 7
Name: Darla
BananaBucks : 55,035
Said "Thanks" 1,769 Times
Was Thanked 797 Times in 318 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 53 Times
Default Re: Picking unripe bananas

Quote:
Originally Posted by jengberg View Post
Hey guys, new to bananas.org. I would like to say that it's refreshing to see a forum that doesn't consist of a bunch of people arguing and being rude to each other. Have'nt seen much of that on here.

I live in Houston and my banana trees produce small green bananas most years, but it gets cold before they have ripened. Is it okay to pick bananas right before the cold weather sets even if it's not ripe? Will they still taste already if picked premature?

I do not know what kind of banana tree I have, it's been back there for 29 years. I'm not even sure if the bananas are be from a variety that tastes good raw, which is what I would prefer. I have ordered 5 different banana tree species online after doing some research.

Welcome neighbor, i am just north of Houston Up in Montgomery close to Lake Conroe.

you will love it her on the org. you have never meet a more nicer and knowledgeable bunch of people!

happy growing,

Darla
Currently growing, , DGM Highgate, Blue Java, Dwarf Red, Dwarf Brazilian , Ensete Glaucum, Pitogo, Hoa Moa, Raja Puri, Thai Black, VG Chaing Rai, Manzano, Praying Hands. Yunnan, Hawiaan Crown, Dwarf Red Plantain
hdynad is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To hdynad
Said thanks: