View Single Post
Old 05-20-2018, 06:15 PM   #12 (permalink)
geosulcata

Zone: 9-10
BananaBucks : 57,615
Said "Thanks" 189 Times
Was Thanked 443 Times in 116 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 4 Times
Default Re: MRFC Rare Fruit Tree Sale

Quote:
Originally Posted by beam2050 View Post
just got back. can you believe it; thar warnt no breakfast. everybody was actually there to buy plants.

I bought two bananas. the prices were good but the shipping was astronomical. 40 dollars in gas. but it was a lot of fun.

it rained most of the way down, mostly on 75 but the traffic was good. made it to the doors 4 minutes before the doors opened. everybody pretty much made it in there right away, but inside it was black Friday. it was fun. they had enough blue java in there to plant my yard, which is big. goldfinger sweetheart, on and on. people were selling bananas 8 ft. tall but I cant remember what they were, saw them first...

the wife loved it. saw some things she wanted to buy but nobody could tell us how cold hardy they were. dragon fruit, which I thought would be ok and a garlic vine. beautiful.

I bought 2 bananas. raja puri from geosulcata [I thought celeste would be older]. and a viente cohol from going bananas.
Great meeting you today! I'm older than I look
The sale really puts into perspective just how many people grow fruit in FL - and how passionate people are about fruit growing!
geosulcata is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To geosulcata
Said thanks: