View Single Post
Old 05-06-2018, 07:12 PM   #1 (permalink)
Valdus

Zone: 9
BananaBucks : 11,197
Said "Thanks" 4 Times
Was Thanked 33 Times in 18 Posts
Said "Welcome to Bananas" 11 Times
Default When Bananas Become Communist

A discussion thread for how to control, or dare I say, eliminate stray banana plants(?!)

We are Cuban, and thus my father is very wary of banana plants. He goes so far as saying that they are "Damn Communists, when you cut one down ten take its place, its like fighting the communists!"

All politics aside, I was wondering if it wouldn't be prudent to start a how to control banana plants thread.

I see a lot of your pictures and one thing I do not understand is when people plant bananas close to their homes or next to the property line.

I have a neighbor who either got crazy about bananas years ago or planted one, and forgot about it, who has an army of tall (and dead) stalks and pups are quickly turning into godzillas of their own. The property runs perpendicular to mine and the back of his runs on the back of mine. Thus I have an army staring at me and laughing every morning at my back fence- which luckily I did not pay for.

When we first looked at the house with my parents my father grunted at the Green army as if it were armed with machetes and ready to depose a democratic leader. But my mother sighed and wanted us to buy the house just for the wondrous bunches of plantains that made their own fence. About twenty feet high, they made a lovely and nostalgic emerald canopy along the back of the property.

Since then, as may of you know, I have gotten into bananas and have decided to tame the fence on my side of the property. There is one particularly annoying corm or root collective that keeps spewing a banana stalk even though I cut it periodically, the corm spits out another marxist-leninist.

So how do I get rid of the corm or root on my side?

The item in question is right there at the corner...

Valdus is offline   Reply With Quote Send A Private Message To Valdus
Said thanks:

Join Bananas.org Today!

Are you a banana plant enthusiast? Then we hope you will join the community. You will gain access to post, create threads, private message, upload images, join groups and more.

Bananas.org is owned and operated by fellow banana plant enthusiasts. We strive to offer a non-commercial community to learn and share information. Receive all three issues from Volume 1 of Bananas Magazine with your membership:

Join Bananas.org Today! - Click Here

Sponsors